|XO Sauce Fried Rice|
Here is what I used:
2-3 rice bowls cooked rice
(should be dry and hard, like leftover rice from the fridge. Rice that is still nice and fluffy should not be used)
3/4 cup bean sprouts
4 stalks spring onion - Chopped
2 tablespoons fried silverfish (Link here for frying silverfish)
5 shallots - sliced
5 garlic cloves - chopped
2 eggs - beaten
2 tablespoons XO sauce
3 stalks of chilli padi - sliced (optional - its for super spicy eaters like me)
oil for frying
salt and pepper to season. (Ground white pepper is fine)
Here's what I did:
1. Season the rice with pinch of salt and some pepper. Mix the beaten eggs with the rice in a bowl very thoroughly.
2. Heat about 2 tablespoons of neutral oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium high heat. When oil is heated up, add in shallots and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes then add in garlic and chillies (if using) and fry for another minute.
3. Add in the bean sprouts and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in XO sauce and fry for 1 minute, just to mix the sauce well with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Add in the rice and stir fry. Turn the heat up if you have to, you want the egg around the rice to fry not steam. Be careful with high heat though. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
6. Turn down heat, add in the silverfish and spring onions. Mix well and stir fry for about 30 secs and its ready to eat!
7. Top it off with a fried egg if you like.
Place a comment, let you know how you like your fried rice.