|Mushroom, Red Pepper and Spinach Fritatta|
200 grams white button mushrooms - sliced
0.5 - 1 cup baby spinach
1 medium sized red pepper - diced
1 medium sized yellow/white onion - diced
150-200 grams cheddar cheese
50 grams mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1 stalk spring onion - sliced (optional for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Crack open eggs into a bowl and beat them. Add the Parmesan and season generously with pepper. Set the bowl aside.
2. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a 26cm ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is heated, fry red pepper and onion until they are tender.
3. Add in the mushroom, fry until the mushrooms are lightly browned. About 4-5 minutes. If the shrooms release alot of liquid, fry until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
4. Throw in the spinach, they take like 15 seconds to wilt. Mix everything well.
5. Set the oven to "grill" setting.
6. Pour in the beaten egg mixture, making sure to cover the whole pan as evenly as you can. Gently shake the pan to help with the mixing.
7. While the egg is still in a liquid state, place lumps of mozzarella cheese randomly into the egg mixture. Scatter the shredded cheddar all over the top, forming an even layer of cheese at the top. Season with pepper.
8. Take the pan off the stove. Place the pan under the hot grill in the hot oven for 4–5 minutes until cooked through and golden brown on top.
9. Slide the frittata out of the pan. Garnish with spring onion (or fresh herb of your choice). Cut into wedges to serve.
Have fun cooking and as much fun eating!
Do let me know how yours went. Post a comment below!