|Spicy Angel Hair with Shrimp, Bacon and Rocket|
If you are one of those that love savoury and spicy dishes, you will love this dish. Can't go wrong with shrimp and bacon really.
Here is what you will need for 2:
150 grams shrimp - Peeled and chopped into bite sized chunks.
180 grams angel hair pasta
100 grams streaky bacon - cut into small strips.
5-6 cloves of garlic- sliced
1/2 cup Chardonnay or dry white wine
2-3 bird's eye chilli/chilli padi - sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup rocket leaves
Cooking oil (canola, light olive etc)
1. Cook pasta In a pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside. Add some olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
2. In a large saute pan, heat some cooking oil. When oil heated, fry the bacon strips until they almost turn crisp (4-5 minutes) then add in the garlic and fry for one minute and add the shrimp and chillies and fry for another minute, cooking the shrimp through.
3. At this point deglaze by adding in the wine. Scraping up the brown bits from the base with a wood spoon or similar implement. Allow to simmer for about a minute or so.
4. Add rocket and pasta into the pan and mix well. Allowing the rocket leaves to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Dish onto pasta plates and garnish with some fresh rocket leaves. Serve immediately.
Hope you will like this. Enjoy!